Re: [platform-help-dev] Location of doc.zip

The toc.xml can be in a subdirectory (if it is such declared in
plugin.xml).  The doc.zip file must be at a plug-in root.  The content of
doc.zip itself may be organized into directories.
If you really need to have documentation packaged in non standard way, in
3.0 M2 you can contribute a content producer to
org.eclipse.help.contentProducer extension point.  You would need to
implement reading documents from the different location by content
producer.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Michael                 |
|         |           Stewart/Cambridge/IBM@Lo|
|         |           tus                     |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           08/28/2003 12:57 PM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] Location of doc.zip                                                                                     |

Can doc.zip be located in a folder below the plugin folder? My developer
would like to use a folder structure like:

blah.component
            src
            bin
            icons
            help
                  doc.zip
                  toc.xml
            plugin.xml
            plugin.properties

When I do this, the help TOC appears in the navigation pane, but Eclipse
cannot find the topics themselves. If I put the HTML files in the help
folder as separate files, Eclipse finds them just fine. however, Eclipse
does not appear to search doc.zip when it is in a folder within the plugin
folder.