[platform-help-dev] parser issues

We use Eclipse help in stand-alone mode launching it from our application.
We have a need to put our own parser on the classpath for our use outside
of the Eclipse help system.

Anytime I put a parser on the classpath, I get the error "Problem occured
initializing Eclipse"
This occurs even if I use the parser from the Eclipse plugin
'org.apache.xerces'.
If I remove all parsers from the classpath, then Eclipse help initializes
fine and displays help appropriately so I am confident that my plugin is
structured correctly.

What parser is being used by the Eclipse help system (not the one in
org.apache.xerces)?
Is there anyway to allow the help system to use its own parser even though
we have a different parser on the classpath for our use?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

-Lisa

Back to the top