Re: [platform-help-dev] Stand Alone Help Instructions

The minimal list of plugins listed in the 2.1 documentation is applicable
to Eclipse 2.1.x.  For 3.0, the list will need to be updated.  For now (M1)
the org.apache.ant plug-in is needed as well.  I have updated the document
in CVS
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/help_standalone.html

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Eric                    |
|         |           Morter/Rochester/Contr/I|
|         |           BM@IBMUS                |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           06/24/2003 12:26 PM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] Stand Alone Help Instructions                                                            |

I have another question regarding the stand alone help documentation.  When
I try building a stand alone system using only the plug-ins described in
http://dev.eclipse.org/help21/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/help_standalone.html
 I get error messges in the workspace\.metadata\.log file such as:

!SESSION Jun 24, 2003 10:55:01.874
java.version=1.4.1_03
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -install
file:C:/eclipse/test/
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Jun 24, 2003 10:55:01.874
!MESSAGE Problems encountered loading the plug-in registry.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Jun 24, 2003 10:55:01.874
!MESSAGE Plug-in "org.eclipse.tomcat" was disabled due to missing or
disabled prerequisite plug-in "org.apache.ant".
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Jun 24, 2003 10:55:01.874
!MESSAGE Unknown extension point "org.eclipse.ant.core.antTasks" specified
in plug-in "org.eclipse.core.resources".
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Jun 24, 2003 10:55:01.884
!MESSAGE Unknown extension point
"org.eclipse.ant.core.extraClasspathEntries" specified in plug-in
"org.eclipse.core.resources".

and

!SESSION Jun 24, 2003 10:57:48.273
java.version=1.4.1_03
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -install
file:C:/eclipse/test/
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Jun 24, 2003 10:57:48.273
!MESSAGE Problems encountered loading the plug-in registry.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Jun 24, 2003 10:57:48.273
!MESSAGE Unknown extension point "org.eclipse.ant.core.antTasks" specified
in plug-in "org.eclipse.core.resources".
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Jun 24, 2003 10:57:48.283
!MESSAGE Unknown extension point
"org.eclipse.ant.core.extraClasspathEntries" specified in plug-in
"org.eclipse.core.resources".

Copying the org.apache.ant and org.eclipse.ant.core plug-ins to my plugins
directory resolves the problem, but these two plug-ins are not listed in
the web page above.  Is the document out of date, or am I doing something
wrong?
I am building my help system in a separate directory by copying the listed
files, along with the eclipse binary and startup.jar, using an ant build
script.  I am working with the M1 build from the fullmoon.raleigh.ibm.com
download site.

Any insights would be appreciated.

- If all the world is a stage, where does the audience sit?

Back to the top