Re: [platform-help-dev] Building stand alone help systems.

Eric,

Eclipse is undergoing lots of changes, so it is expected that at some point
the list of dependent plugins will change, but things will likely stays as
is for the next few months.

-Dorian

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Eric                    |
|         |           Morter/Rochester/Contr/I|
|         |           BM@IBMUS                |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           06/19/2003 11:10 AM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] Building stand alone help systems.                                        |
  |                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                               |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I've been asked to find a way to extract the Help system from Eclipse so it
can be used on a local workstation (viewed as a SWT window with embedded
IE) or installed on a server (viewed through a browser) for viewing
documentation.  Thanks to postings on this list and the instructions at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/help_standalone.html
 I was able to write an ant build to automate the building of the stand
alone help systems.
My question is, will the instructions mentioned above remain valid in the
foreseeable future and if not is there a good way to calculate the help
system's dependancies on other Eclipse plug-ins?

Thanks
Eric

- If all the world is a stage, where does the audience sit?

Back to the top