Re: [platform-help-dev] Status on 36378

The  source files we're using are generated by IDWB.  eclipse
should be able to use IDWB-generated files without our having
to post-process them.  We need to fix this bug . . . . . .

____________________________________  The Bobster

                      "Konrad Kolosowski"
                      <konradk@xxxxxxxxxx>            To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        cc:       Lindsay Bennion/Silicon Valley/IBM@IBMUS
                      platform-help-dev-admin@        Subject:  Re: [platform-help-dev] Status on 36378
                      eclipse.org

                      06/17/2003 02:02 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-help-dev

The status of the defect is "NEW" as shown in the help and Lucene bug
reports.  This means it has not yet been fixed either in Apache Lucene or
in Eclipse lucene plug-in.  Eclipse and Lucene developers are prioritizing
their work.  This bug does not affect large number of teams, and has a
clear work around.

The interest in fixing a bug is best manifested by active involvement and
contribution of the code or ideas in addition to opening bugs.  Lucene
developers are welcoming patches as well.  You need to either wait for
others to fix the bug, or you can speed it up by donating a patch.  This is
true not only for this bug.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

                      Robert Turek/Santa

                      Teresa/IBM@IBMUS                To:
platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                        cc:       Lindsay
Bennion/Silicon Valley/IBM@IBMUS
                      platform-help-dev-admin@        Subject:
[platform-help-dev] Status on 36378

                      eclipse.org

                      06/17/2003 03:32 PM

                      Please respond to

                      platform-help-dev

Is there any new status on fixing defect #36378?  It appears to have been
passed over to the lucerene group, but I didn't see any mention of whether
they're going to fix this or when.

We interested in getting this fixed as it greatly impacts searches our
users will
do.  We currently are using a post-processing work-around, but that is not
really a satisfactory solution for us.

Thanks . . . .