Re: [platform-help-dev] help: unable to include infopops ...

Your plugin id is incorrect, it should be org.example.help.
BTW, this list is for eclipse developers only, please use the newsgroup for
this type of questions.

-Dorian

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Pradeep Bojan           |
|         |           <PBOJAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           06/16/2003 04:33 AM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] help: unable to include infopops ...                                    |
  |                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                             |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi all,

I got struck while including infopops for SWT widgets.  Please help.

I have defined a simple plugin (by extending view).  My plugin contains a
button, for which a help is set.

public void createPartControl(Composite parent) {
                b=new Button(parent,SWT.PUSH);
                b.setText("Hello World");
                WorkbenchHelp.setHelp(b,"org.example.help.push_button");
        }

Here, "org.example.help.push_button" is another plugin which contains help
pages.
The plugin.xml and HelpContexts.xml file content is as below:

Plugin.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<plugin id="org.example.help.push_button"
        name="Push button help plugin"
        version="0.0.1"
        provider-name="Pradeep bojan">
<extension point="org.eclipse.help.contexts">
        <contexts name="HelpContexts.xml"/>
</extension>
</plugin>

HelpContexts.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<contexts>
        <content id="push button">
                <description>Welcome to SWT Programming</description>
                <topic href="tasks/push.htm" label="pushing the hello
button"/>
                <topic href="reference/hello.htm" label="Hello Button
reference"/>
        </content>
</contexts>

Whiling running, I am able to see my plugin in Windows > Show View > ..
When I set focus to the button, and press F1, infopop is not displayed.  No
error message found in log file.

Please let me know, what is the problem.  I am using Eclipse 2.1.0

Regards,
Pradeep.

Back to the top