Re: [platform-help-dev] start help fails

Take a look at the online docs (search for "infocenter"), they describe how
to run on a smaller set of plugins.

-Dorian

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Shikha                  |
|         |           Srivastava/Raleigh/IBM@I|
|         |           BMUS                    |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           06/10/2003 01:39 PM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                               |
  |       cc:       Marie Bradford/Cary/IBM@IBMUS                                                               |
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] start help fails                                                        |
  |                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                             |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi
I am using Eclipse Help Infocenter binaries(2.1.1) for the following
platforms
Windows
Linux
Aix
and Sun.
I am also trying ot strip down the number of binaries to the bare minimum
needed
For all the platforms i   i have the following binaries included

org.apache.lucene
org.apache.xerces
org.eclipse.core.boot
org.eclipse.core.resources
org.eclipse.core.runtime
org.eclipse.help
org.eclipse.help.appserver
org.eclipse.help.webapp
org.eclipse.tomcat
org.eclipse.update.core
Plus additional platform specific ones.

I am getting the following error when i try to start eclipse infocenter

java.io.IOException: /root/linuxtest/eclipse: cannot execute
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:139)
        at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:546)
        at

org.eclipse.help.internal.standalone.Eclipse.launchProcess(Eclipse.java:104)

         at
         org.eclipse.help.internal.standalone.Eclipse.run(Eclipse.java:91)

         I am getting this error on SUn,Aix and Linux.

         Is ther anything i am missing?

         Thanks a lot for your help,
         Shikha