[platform-help-dev] Converting multiple Windows help components to Eclipse

Hi,

I’m not a help component developer, I’m a help component user, but I hope this forum can answer my Q:

  1. I’m working on migrating a windows help system composed of ~30 chm files to Eclipse. I was wondering if there is a way to insert several .zip files into one upper-level help book. I.e. one doc.zip that is composed of lots of <help_component>.zip files. This would enable several help writers to work independently on different sections of the help.
  2. I understand that the Search only searches topics that appear in the TOC. Will a future version search all topics? (Isn’t the whole idea of the Search feature to enable accessing all the topics?)
    http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-help-home/v2overview.html#search

Thanks,

Esti Lederer

Information developer