Re: [platform-help-dev] Help for Help

If you mean you cannot view the page, try again, as it is accessible for me
without problems.

If you can access it, but the solution described there does not work, here
is more explanation:
JavaHelp is not compatible with Eclipse Help System, and its help set
cannot be launched, but because in both systems documentation is in form of
HTML files zipped (or jarred), Eclipse Help System can extract JavaHelp
documents from a jar and display them.  I think, following the steps
described in the wiki is as close as you can get to displaying HTML files
from a Jar without creating a TOC for Eclipse Help System and re-packaging
documentation in a plug-in as required.  However, unless your documentation
is JavaDoc, (where every HTML page is linked with others) I would suggest
recreating TOCs based on HelpSets, and creating a plug-in.

If you cannot do any of this, and must view JavaHelp, you can always write
an Eclipse plug-in that will simply launch JavaHelp as an external process.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

                      "Godwin Reynold"
                      <godwinreynold@hotmail.c        To:       <platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      om>                             cc:
                      Sent by:                        Subject:  [platform-help-dev] Help for Help
                      platform-help-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      04/24/2003 01:08 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-help-dev

Dear Kolosowski,

Thanks for your prompt reply ...

> http://eclipsewiki.swiki.net/226

The above link you have mentioned is NOT WORKING !

Problem: To Invoke a "JavaHelp" (Jar file with HelpSet) from eclipse Menu
item

Solution:  ?? Kindly Help !!

Thanks in Advance,

Godwin