[platform-help-dev] Basic Help system functionality

Hello,

I hope somone can help me, as I'm struggling with the apparently easy step
of integrating the standalone help system into my application.

I've implemented it by:

1.  Creating a org.eclipse.help.standalone.Help  object and starting it,
when my application starts.  This appears to run without problem, as no
message is returned

            iHelp = new Help("docs\\Eclipse\\plugins");
            iHelp.start();

2. Then to launch the help system and show some help, I use:

            iHelp.displayHelp();

Which, as far as I know, should launch the Eclipse help browser.  However I
get a "Could not display help: null"  message on the console (I've also
tried step 2 with an HTML help file, and the ToC file, and get the same
message).  Although when I run the main method on the Help object away from
my application, the help system launches ok and contains the desired help.
Does anyone have any idea why its not working in my application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Mark

Back to the top