Re: Re: [platform-help-dev] Fwd: Lucene Analyzer

indexed_docs is just part of the index - one file in the directory to look
at.  When deleting, please delete whole directory (whole index), and
reindex.  Deleting just one file might result in index being corrupted.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

                      giacomofarella@interfree
                      .it ()                          To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-help-dev-admin@        Subject:  Re: Re: [platform-help-dev] Fwd: Lucene Analyzer
                      eclipse.org

                      03/18/2003 03:52 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-help-dev

Thank you very much for the help.
I have deleted the indexed.doc, then it has been recreated.
Now, when i search a string it finds the document HTML. So, the problem was
the indexed.doc.

Giacomo

>Are documents available, when you browse topics in the navigation?
>
>Has indexing been triggered?  It only happens after plug-ins have been
installed
>or their version changed.  If you ran Eclipse with your plug-ins, tried
search,
>and later added HTML doc.  They will not be indexed without
>changing the plug-in version or deleting the index in
>.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.help\nl directory.
>
>If this does not solve your issue, take a look at
>.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.help\nl\en_US\indexed.doc, after indexing
to see
>if path to your HTML documens is present in the list.
>
>Konrad Kolosowski Eclipse Help System
>

> giacomofarella@interfree

> .it ()                          To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

> Sent by:                        cc:

> platform-help-dev-admin@        Subject:  Re: [platform-help-dev] Fwd:
Lucene
>Analyzer eclipse.org

> 03/17/2003 12:06 PM

> Please respond to

> platform-help-dev

> Thanks Konrad for the help. But the problem is not resolved. I have not
>implemented the
>org.eclipse.help.luceneAnalyzer extension point, as you said. But when i
>search a string, it doesn't find the document html. Why?
>Giacomo
>
>>Giacomo,
>>
>>Once you contributed documentation through org.eclipse.help.toc extension
>point,
>>it will be indexed and searchable.  You do not have to implement
>>org.eclipse.help.luceneAnalyzer extension point.  Help System provides
>>implementation of analyzers for all languages.  The only reason to
>>implement them is if you need to change behavior of help search, for
>>example cause it to ignore certain words in text.  The analyzer provided
>>will affect search of all help in Eclipse, not only documentation for
>>plug-ins that you provided.  The toc and luceneAnalyzer extension points
>>are unrelated.
>>
>>Anyway, we have edited luceneAnalyzer extension point documentation to
>emphasize
>>that help provides default implementation for all languages.
>>
>>If your goal is to change help search behavior for an Eclipse based
>product you
>>indeed need to provide extension to luceneAnalyer point.  Refer to
>>Lucene documentation
>tp://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/analysis/Analyzer.html

>>ht >- javadoc of the class you need to implement in this extension point.
>>
>>Konrad Kolosowski Eclipse Help System
>>

>> giacomofarella@interfree
>
>> .it ()                          To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>> Sent by:                        cc: