Re: [platform-help-dev] redirecting to InfoCenter from Tomcat?

I do not think have anything that would automatically redirect, but you
could write a servlet that will redirect requests and place it on Tomcat.
I have once experimented with such usage scenario and wrote a working
prototype.  It is available here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-help-home/extras/infocenter/src/org/eclipse/help/servlet/RedirectServlet.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

                      Erik
                      Hennum/Oakland/IBM@IBMUS        To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-help-dev-admin@        Subject:  [platform-help-dev] redirecting to InfoCenter from Tomcat?
                      eclipse.org

                      02/21/2003 03:56 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-help-dev

Hi, Help Folk:

We're trying to figure out how to connect a web application with InfoCenter
help in Eclipse 2.1

The Eclipse help has a useful tip about using the Apache proxy module to
redirect requests to the Eclipse InfoCenter.

Has anyone done anything equivalent with Tomcat?  The Tomcat documentation
does explain how to have Apache redirect to Tomcat, but I haven't been able
to find any statement about having Tomcat redirect a request to an external
server.

Any pointers to resources (or confirmations that Tomcat doesn't handle
external redirects, so use Apache instead) would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Erik Hennum
ehennum (at) us (dot) ibm (dot) com