Re: [platform-help-dev] What happened to the AppServer class???

From the news group:

> AppServer does not implement IAppServer.  In M5 Appserver functionality
is
> provided by org.eclipse.help.internal.WebappManager.
>
> Konrad Kolosowski
>
> "Andrey Platov" <andrey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > What is correct way to obtain IAppServer interface with current release
> > (M5).
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Andrey

You will notice the text:
 * <b>Note:</b> This class/interface is part of an interim API that is
still under development and expected to
 * change significantly before reaching stability. It is being made
available at this early stage to solicit feedback
 * from pioneering adopters on the understanding that any code that uses
this API will almost certainly be broken
 * (repeatedly) as the API evolves.
in the old AppServer class.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

                      Jan J
                      Kratky/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS        To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-help-dev-admin@        Subject:  [platform-help-dev] What happened to the AppServer class???
                      eclipse.org

                      02/21/2003 11:22 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-help-dev

Please help! I just grabbed M5, and couldn't help but notice that the
org.eclipse.help.AppServer class, on which some of our work depends, is no
longer in help.jar (don't know when it was taken out ... this is the first
post-2.0.2 build I have tried). Can anyone tell me what happened to this
class, where the change is documented, esp. as regards how to get a
reference to the server now? Is it accessible somehow via the
org.eclipse.help.appserver plugin?

Back to the top