Re: [platform-help-dev] indexing keywords in M5

Do you have a specific example that shows higher ranking of keywords or
heading than body?  Because, knowing the code, I do not think any of this
is true, but I must say I am very glad that it feels that way.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

                      Robert Turek/Santa
                      Teresa/IBM@IBMUS                To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-help-dev-admin@        Subject:  Re: [platform-help-dev] indexing keywords in M5
                      eclipse.org

                      02/20/2003 03:46 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-help-dev

I finally got a chance to try this . . . it's a nice feature.

In your note it sounds like the ranking of the keywords
is the same as if the word actually appeared in some text.
It appears that the keyword hits are ranked higher than
hits in the body of a document, but a little lower than hits
in the title or main heading.  I assume that having the
keyword in the meta tag and in the heading or title would
get the highest ranking.  Is this true?

____________________________________  The Bobster
                Notes: Robert Turek/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
                                                 The net: turekr@xxxxxxxxxx
                                                            Fone:
(408)463-3602

                      konradk@xxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                        To:
platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-help-dev-admin@        cc:

                      eclipse.org                     Subject:
[platform-help-dev] indexing keywords in M5

                      02/04/2003 09:07 PM

                      Please respond to

                      platform-help-dev

For 2.1 M5, I have added support for indexing Meta Keywords to Search in
Help System.  The corresponding Meta tag that can be placed in the head of
HTML documents looks like:
The separator used in the content attribute do not matter, since search
treats comas, semicolons, spaces as word separators and does not index
them.  It is wise to use comma, in case the text analyzers plugged into
search engine become more picky in the future.
The keywords are indexed together with the text extracted from the
document, hence ranking of search hit will not depend on whether searched
word appears in the meta tag or it is actually in the body of the document.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System