[platform-help-dev] Eclipse exact search results

I recently ran into an issue with the Eclipse search function...

I'm using the WebSphere Studio Workbench, which is based on Eclipse 2.0.0
to build my documentation plug-ins.  I'm using this version because I
learned that 2.0.2 implemented the exact search function, rather than using
the fuzzy search found in previous Eclipse builds.  When I perform an exact
search by placing my search string in double quotes, something interesting
happens -- I get the exact search results of the string I was searching
for, but Eclipse also highlights the stem of the exact word I was searching
on, which makes it look like I'm not really getting an exact search.  This
only happens when the search returns results that contain both the exact
word I'm searching for and in addition, a stem of that word.  For example,
when I search on one of our products, Build/390, and enclose it in quotes
to indicate an exact search, I do in fact get results which highlight the
exact term Build/390.  However, I also get highlights on the term build.
Does anyone have any information about if this problem has been previously
identified, and if there are any plans to change this in future releases of
Eclipse?

Meredith Ensell
Software Developers' Workbench Information Development
(919) 254-4602; Tieline 444-4602
From the internet: ensell@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top