Re: [platform-help-dev] Permissions problem on Linux

Eddie,

It is great to receive feedback from people who are using the infocenter,
but it would probably be better if all the problems are reported in
bugzilla, and keep the mailing list for development discussions only.
BTW, most of the problems (including the one below) were addressed in the
2.1 stream. The 2.0 stream is closed, and there is little chance any fixes
will be provided there.

-Dorian

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Eduardo                 |
|         |           Angel/UK/IBM@IBMGB      |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           01/27/2003 12:32 PM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] Permissions problem on Linux                                            |
  |                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                             |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

I apologies for the great number of queries, but the testers are raising
quite a few defects:

If you run the Help System as user1 then the log files etc under
/tmp/help_system
are created with permissions..... rwxr-xr-x user1 users

This means that if a second user then comes along and tries to use wsdkhelp
they
get an error ...."Problem occured initializing Eclipse".

This one still happens since the files under /tmp/help_system are
created by the first user of the Help System with no write access for the
second user.

Eddie

Eduardo Angel
CICS User Technologies