Re: [platform-help-dev] Runtime error selecting advanced search in Help System

Eddie,

Could you please open a bug for the help component at:
http://dev.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform
Thanks,
-Dorian

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Eduardo                 |
|         |           Angel/UK/IBM@IBMGB      |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           01/27/2003 05:21 AM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] Runtime error selecting advanced search in Help System                  |
  |                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                             |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

Here is another problem discovered by our testers:

If you selct Advanced Search in the InfoCenter you get:

Runtime Error : Permission Denied
Line : 148
-----------------------------------
This looks like it may be an install problem.

If I install as a normal user (moodyj) but then access wsdkhelp as
administrator
I get the 'permission denied' error appearing.

If you go into debug when the error occurs, the line highlighted is:

var selectedBooks = window.opener.selectedBooks

(This is in function restoreSelectedBooks() )

I notice that the 'select a book' checkbox for the WSDK is not checked in
the

This occured on a Windows 32-bit platform.

Regards,

Eddie

Eduardo Angel
CICS User Technologies