Re: [platform-help-dev] cross plug-in referencing - why no "root"

The link is interpreted by the browser, so the absolute path will be
translated as http://your_server/org.eclipse.help/livehelp.js which won't
work.
We could investigate some possible implementations of the default webapp
(ROOT) so it would redirect to the help webapp, as long as this is possible
and the app server plugin is under the help system's control.

-Dorian

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Brian Gillan            |
|         |           <bgillan@xxxxxxxxxx>    |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           11/19/2002 03:41 PM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] cross plug-in referencing - why no "root"                               |
  |                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                             |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I've been playing around with ActiveHelp. One of the requirements to
implement ActiveHelp is to declare the ActiveHelp javascript in the head of
your HTML. The example in the on-line help shows this using the "cross
plug-in referencing" technique. The problem is that it looks like this only
supports a relative path. Is there no way to support some sort of "root"
that would allow an absolute path such that a generic reference such as
src="/org.eclipse.help/livehelp.js" could be made?

Regards, Brian

Phone: (919) 254-1765 Tie-line: 8-444-1765
GILLAN AT RALVM13 / bgillan@xxxxxxxxxx
Information Technology and Strategy
Dept. E14D Bld. 500
RTP, NC