Re: [platform-help-dev] Formulating a URL to point to a particular infoset

Steve, try

http://server:8080/help?toc=/pluginId/path_to_toc.xml

-Dorian

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Steve                   |
|         |           Woolley/UK/IBM@IBMGB    |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           11/18/2002 09:52 AM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] Formulating a URL to point to a particular infoset                      |
  |                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                             |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Good day,

Please can somebody remind me of how to formulate a URL (in the infocenter
scenario) that points to the first page in an infoset?  We want to direct
users to a particular infoset in our table of contents.

We've tried:  http://server:8080/help?topic=/pluginId/path_to_file.html
where the path_to_file.html is the topic that is associated with the toc
element in the primary toc (<toc label="tocName" topic="filename.htm">) but
this didn't seem to work.

The URL resolved to:
http://server:8080/help/help.jsp?topic=/pluginId/ax99999_.htm (added an
additional help.jsp into the URL) which displayed the requested topic
(ax99999_.htm) but wouldn't allow me to synchronize the navigation tree to
only show those topics contained within the specified infoset.

Is this behaving as expected?

This particular infoset comprises one doc plugin and therefore has only one
toc.xml (which is - of course - the primary TOC).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Stephen Woolley - User Assistance Architect
WebSphere MQ Integrator User Technologies
Mail Point 095, IBM United Kingdom Laboratories, Hursley Park,
Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 2JN, United Kingdom
Steve Woolley/UK/IBM@IBMGB             swoolley@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel/Fax:  +44 (0)1962 818428                      Internal:  248428
Home Office:  (01962) 774812  /  +44 1962 774812