Re: [platform-help-dev] Loading an HTML page from inside a zip file

oops, wrong API.
Use helpSystem.displayHelpResource
("/com.ibm.storage.essisa.doc/myFile.html");

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Dorian                  |
|         |           Birsan/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA|
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           11/01/2002 10:58 AM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-help-dev] Loading an HTML page from inside a zip file                         |
  |                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                             |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Wendy,

Do not include the doc.zip in your url. Whether you have your doc files
zipped or not should be transparent to the API.

The following should work regardless of having the docs unzipped or zipped:

 helpSystem.displayHelp("/com.ibm.storage.essisa.doc/myFile.html");

-Dorian

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Wendy L                 |
|         |           Henson/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS|
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           11/01/2002 10:11 AM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] Loading an HTML page from inside a
zip file                             |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I am using the standalone help in my application, and can't quite figure
out how to load a help file from inside a zip file.

I tried the following:
        helpSystem.displayHelp
("/com.ibm.storage.essisa.doc/doc.zip!/myFile.html");

But it doesn't show the file.  If I unzip the doc.zip, and use the call
(minus the /doc.zip!) it works as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Wendy L. Henson
Staff Software Engineer, Design & Information Development
(919) 254.6479   +   (tie:444.6479)   +   wlhenson@xxxxxxxxxx

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
--Ayn Rand