Re: [platform-help-dev] standalone help system does not work

Yiling,

The code
      Help helpSys = new Help("C:\\eclipse\\plugins");
      helpSys.start();
should be invoked once per your application lifetime.  Place only
      helpSys.displayHelp();
in your event handler.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

                      "Yiling Lu"
                      <luyiling@xxxxxxx>              To:       "Platform-Help-Dev@Eclipse. Org" <platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-help-dev-admin@        Subject:  [platform-help-dev] standalone help system does not work
                      eclipse.org

                      10/12/2002 04:10 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-help-dev

Hi,

I was trying out installing the stand-alone help system as prescribed on

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-help-home/stand

alone.html

I was trying to use the eclipse help system in my own application,
the code segment is:
Help helpSys = new Help("C:\\eclipse\\plugins");
helpSys.start();
helpSys.displayHelp();

It is invoked by clicking on some button.

The help window appears the first time when the event was fired.
Then I close down the help window, and when the second time the event was
fired,
the following error message came out:

Problem occured initializing Eclipse
Could not display help: null

I cann't figure out the reason.

Besides this problem, could you clarify on what packages are needed if I
only want the
help system, not even the content, because I really only want the
"standalone" eclipse
help system, not even the content.

Many thanks

Yiling.