Re: [platform-help-dev] multiple doc.zip

In general, I agree that creating separate doc only plug-ins is a good
idea.  I've seen products use only a few plug-ins for docs and some that
use many. Both work. If you are just doing it for a standalone system, you
should be ok. You can get to a point where you have so many plug-ins that
the start up time for Eclipse is affected if you have a LOT of plug-ins.

I thought a year ago that I wanted the ability to have more than one zip
file, and the ability to name the file something other than doc.zip, but in
the end it hasn't been any problem.

Thanks, Jeanette

Jeanette Deupree
WebSphere Information  Strategy
RTP NC
919-254-1149 (tieline 444-1149)
deupree@xxxxxxxxxx

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           "Mark Ayad"             |
|         |           <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>     |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           09/30/2002 06:42 PM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                     |
  |       To:       <platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                           |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-help-dev] multiple doc.zip                                                                            |

Thanks Christal,

I had thought of this but I wanted to keep everything under one folder,
just like the multiple toc files. However I'm playing with this for a
standalone personal information server, so it was a wild shot.

Mark