Re: [platform-help-dev] localization scheme for development resources?

Hi Erik,

Yes, the help webapp resources are done in a similar manner. However, there
is a bit of a customized code to read the values from the webapp (remember
the infocenter setup does not run the help webapp as a plugin). This is
something that can be improved, and any suggestion is welcome.

-Dorian

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Erik                    |
|         |           Hennum/Oakland/IBM@IBMUS|
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           09/28/2002 01:04 AM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                       |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                             |
  |       Subject:  [platform-help-dev] localization scheme for development resources?                    |
  |                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                       |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Eclipse Help Localizers:

As I understand it, Eclipse help localizes documentation plugins with a
scheme resembling:

    request.getLocale().getLanguage()/request.getLocale().getCountry
              ()/resource
    request.getLocale().getLanguage()/resource
    resource

Does Eclipse help follow a similar scheme for resources used directly by
the Eclipse web application?

Or does Eclipse use typical Java along the lines of

    ResourceBundle.getBundle(resource, request.getLocale())

We'd like to follow a consistent approach...

Thanks,

Erik Hennum
ehennum@xxxxxxxxxx