Re: [platform-help-dev] Where to find the plugin.dtd

This question was asked and answered in at least one other place. I found
the following in the archives for the news-eclipse-tools mailing list, as
the first hit on a search for "plugin DTD" on Eclipse.org. Jeff McAffer
offered the following answer:

> The spec you are looking for is in the platform doc.  Under the Help
menu,
> choose Help Contents.  This flips you to the Help perspective.  On the
top
> left there is a drop down list of doc books.  Look in the Platform Plugin
> Developer Guide under Reference -> Other Reference Articles -> Plugin
> Manifest.  This document has a complete spec of the generic parts of a
> plugin.xml file.

> As a side note, it is hard to spec a DTD for a plugin.xml as the elements
of
> an extension are completely controlled/defined by the definer of the
> extension point into which it is plugged.  The agregation of the info in
> this doc and the individual docs you have already found would form the
> complete spec for a given plugin.xml.

Kari Halsted
User Assistance PDT
IBM Canada - Toronto Software Lab
(905) 413-3331 / tl 969-3331 / D3-238

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  To keep our faces toward
change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength
undefeatable.
-- Helen Keller

                    Brian
                    Gillan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS        To:     platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                        cc:
                    platform-help-dev-admin@e       Subject:     [platform-help-dev] Where to find the plugin.dtd
                    clipse.org

                    06/07/2002 08:58 AM
                    Please respond to
                    platform-help-dev

I see the the toc.dtd and context.dtd DTDs are included in the Eclipse SDK
distribution. Can someone point me to where I can find the plugin.dtd (CVS,
or otherwise).

Thanks, Brian

Phone: (919) 254-1765 Tie-line: 8-444-1765
GILLAN AT RALVM13 / bgillan@xxxxxxxxxx
Information Technology and Strategy
Dept. E14D Bld. 500
RTP, NC