[platform-help-dev] Help Definition

Hi,

A bunch of questions !

What is exactly the range of Eclipse Platform Help ?

For example, if I talk about a javadoc editor, should it be dealt in jdt
news or here ?

Can I consider that everything in the Help Perspective is related to this
area ? And every other help features are handled by their initiators (java,
HTML...) ?
That means the only Help format is an index pointing HTML pages ? (I am not
criticizing, just trying to make sure I understand :-)

Does Help provide (or will provide in the future) a kind of framework to
other plug-ins and standardize the way they are building their Help
features ? (pop-ups, hyperlink to Help perspective ...)

Is there a plan to include a java tutorial in Eclipse ? Or java online Help
(like code snippet to show you how to code a for loop or open a socket ...)
? Should I ask this question to jdt developers ?

Thank you.

Thierry

Back to the top