RE: [platform-help-dev] Remote Help

Dorian> all the help rendering in eclipse (tables of contents and help
content)
Dorian> will be done in an external browser

Please don't drop the internal OLE embedded help system 'totally' in favour
of
an external browser. For me having a help system in the 'same context' of
the
workbench is fantastic, and is fits well with the vision of the workbench
paradigm.
I'm totally aware that I'm running in a near perfect case i.e Windows
Platform with
OLE IE 5.5.

So Please Please leave the 'option' of having internal OLE embedded help
system for
the platforms that support it.  If you need more reasons why then I'll
gladly send
them to you. Externalising things waters down the power of having within
arms reach
on the workbench.

Keeping everything including help 'In Context' is the most effective aid you
can
give to a developer.

As a developer the answer to a problem starts with a question. If that
question
can't be answered off the top of your head then thats when you consult the
documentation.
One nice idea would allow the bookmarking of pages just like you can
bookmark code,
an in my opinion this is what I would class as an 'infoview' ie a particular
'bookmarked'
view of the information.

Best Regards