[platform-help-dev] Remote Help

Hi All,

I'm getting on just fine converting all sorts
of books and docs to use the help system in V2.

I have however thought of an extention

1) Dynamic XML _nav

To date the _nav for a book is static. One idea
would be to specify a internet based help library:

http://www.eclipse.org/library/

or even

http://www.eclipse.org/articles

or even use LDAP query

The XML _nav is dynamically built. The content for
the books would also reside on the remote server.

One option could be to 'make the book local' ie
re-createthe books nav and contents on the local
computer for 'off-line' mode.

This would be just perfect for web sites offering
help or articles or even full books eg I.B.M Redbooks

Just think of the posibilites !!!

Best Regards

Dr Mark Ayad

Ogilvy Interactive Paris