[platform-doc-dev] Question about custom styles

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on how to best handle custom styles? I've been looking through the CVS doc and there are a lot of places where we are trying to get the desired style using <br> tags, etc which can often lead to poor layout. I would like to correct these but in many cases the book.css either does not have a style that is applicable or it does have a stlye that looks like it applies but it doesn't look quite right (e.g. the P.Note style has a huge margin and a text sixe of 11 which is bigger than the default of 10 and, even though Dani increased the li margins, they still look to small in some of the CVS tutorial pages).

Should I go ahead and create my own style file or should we try to have all the styles in the book.css with appropriate descriptions of what the style provides? For now, I have defined the styles directly in my HTML file but that is problematic for me since most of the styles are applicable to multiple files. Creating a CVS specific CSS file would solve this but we would be the first to do so (i.e. the book.css file is currently the only css file in the doc) so I thought it was worthwhile to ask for feedback before proceeding. One possible solution would be to define a common area for CSS files with the goal to put styles that should apply to all doc (e.g. UILabel, filenames, etc) in the book.css and leave the other styles in their own files so that developers (or doc consumers) would know where to look for the style sheets.

I would be curious to know what peoples thoughts are on this.
Michael

Back to the top