Re: [platform-doc-dev] Documentation checklist

John Arthorne wrote:

Thanks Michael, I have updated the checklist based on some of these recommendations. When you say "ensure that each topic validates", what kind of validation are you thinking of? Link validation?

I'm just thinking of well-formed HTML--closing the optional tags (such as </p> and </li>, without which the HTML would display pretty well anyway, but it doesn't permit migration to more demanding mark-up systems such as XHTML). I'm also thinking about lower-case tags, properly quoted attributes...things like that.

Link validation is critical, of course, but you cover that elsewhere.

By the way, each user guide already contains an icon index (Reference > User interface information > Icons and buttons).

Thanks! That makes life much easier. The recommendation then becomes:
-Consider adding a graphic of any icons you discuss in your topics. You can find the image names in the Workbench User Guide in reference/ref-68.htm

Best regards,
Mike

Back to the top