Re: [platform-doc-dev] Cleaned up use of <font color=...

I have updated the file with the suggested change.

Sonia

Konrad Kolosowski/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-doc-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2005 02:56 PM

Please respond to
"Platform Documentation discussions."

"Platform Documentation discussions." <platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-doc-dev] Cleaned up use of <font color=...

Releng component members should have access.

Konrad Kolosowski

Mike Wilson/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-doc-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2005 02:27 PM

Please respond to
"Platform Documentation discussions."

"Platform Documentation discussions." <platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"Platform Documentation discussions." <platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, platform-doc-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [platform-doc-dev] Cleaned up use of <font color=...

It looks like there is already a pre declaration in org.eclipse.platform/book.css. So, I guess we would replace

      pre             { margin-left: 6; font-size: 9pt }

with

      pre             { margin-left: 6; font-size: 9pt; color: #4444CC }

but, in any case, I don't have commit rights to that project.

McQ.

Konrad Kolosowski/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-doc-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/05 12:18

Please respond to
"Platform Documentation discussions."

"Platform Documentation discussions." <platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-doc-dev] Cleaned up use of <font color=...

1) org.eclipse.platform/book.css

Konrad Kolosowski

Mike Wilson/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-doc-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2005 11:54 AM

Please respond to
"Platform Documentation discussions."

platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-doc-dev] Cleaned up use of <font color=...

I went through all of the isv doc and attempted to remove all places where we were using "<font color='#4444CC'>" to set the color for <pre> formatted code. This way of doing it was a major source of html badness in our files, and in some cases caused bogus appearance in the result (wrong color used, follow on paragraph got colored, etc.).

However, assuming that we like the old "pre-formatted text is colored blue" look, we now need to modify the CSS to support it. My questions are:

1) Which book.css should the change live in?

2) What is the correct version of the change? My simple hack...

pre {

    color: #4444CC;

    margin-left: 15pt;

}

... looked pretty good for the cases I looked at, but I'm CSS noob, so I'd be happy to hear a better answer.

McQ.