Re: [platform-doc-dev] The changed arrow in all views

This is actually a very good question that we should consider. I know
there are several Eclipse customers who do not ship on Windows.

We have the following options
1) Do everything on Windows and then be sure we have no sizes set in our
doc. At some point we could create platform specific fragments that
replace these screenshots with screenshots taken on the other platforms.
This way products shipping on some platform we have not gotten to yet can
do thier own (and hopefully contribute them back)

2) Do a mix of screenshots in our main doc in all 3 major platforms  (XP,
GTK and on the Mac).

I think the first option is a better one for consistencies sake - anyone
already relying on our doc lives in this world. That also allows
contributors like the RedHat guys to ship doc more consistent with thier
products lines.

Opinions? Either way I think we should remove any size references from our
doc markup - this has always been our policy and we now have an even
better reason to follow it.

Tod

Mike Wilson/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-doc-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/26/2005 08:44 AM
Please respond to
"Platform Documentation discussions."

"Platform Documentation discussions." <platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [platform-doc-dev] The changed arrow in all views

Can we shoot all the screen shots on linux this time?

McQ.

Tod Creasey/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-doc-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/25/05 16:04
Please respond to
"Platform Documentation discussions."

platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-doc-dev] The changed arrow in all views

In 3.1 we have changed the menu down arrow in all of views from a black
icon to a white one. Are we going to have to retake all of our view
related screenshots as a result?

Tod