Re: [platform-doc-dev] Re: [Fwd: Re: help-system-proposal.html]

Michael,

platform-doc-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 12/01/2004 05:04:10 PM:

> Hi Konrad,
>
> I've created a patch for the platform-specific documentation proposal.
> This patch changes the "Control Over The Display of Platform Specific
> Content" section so that book.css calls bookos.css and, if necessary,
> bookws.css.
>
> In many cases, the content of bookos.css and bookws.css can be combined
> into one file, but by separating the CSS file for OS from the CSS file
> for WS, ISVs could release versions for any combination of operating
> system and widget set.

In some cases book.css and bookos.css could be combined into one, but your change makes it clear what goes where, and will allow the book.css to be overriden indepependently in nl directories.

> For the case of generic documentation, such as you would read by looking
> at the online help on eclipse.org, readers will see only content marked
> as class=all_os_ws.
Yes, we were missing this class from the proposal.  Thank you for adding it.

> Users looking at the help on their own system will see only the content
> for their operating system/widget set combination.

The new table looks great.

> I think that this patch meets all of our goals. If you agree, could you
> commit it? Thanks!

I have checked it in.

> Best regards,
> Mike