Re: [platform-doc-dev] new help system proposal

Tod Creasey wrote:
The only issue I see with this solution is that we currently specify the image sizes in all of our documentation - this is obviously not an option for the case where we might have multiple images.

We have gone back and forth on doing this - currently we are specifiying. I know that we have specified in the past so that slow loading machines do not have text jumping around after a load of the images.

Tod,

I believe this would be an issue only on machines that are much too slow to run Eclipse. In the unexpected situation where you actually were looking at the online help on a slow machine, there are very few help topics that have many graphics; the "What's new" topics would be an example of that. For typical operation, I don't think any users would notice a problem.

Mike Behm
Red Hat (Canada) Ltd.

Back to the top