[platform-doc-dev] linefeed delimiter on Windows

Hi,

I tried the piece of advice below:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-vcm-home/docs/o
nline/cvs_features2.0/cvs-faq.html#windows_1

How can I change the linefeed delimiter on Windows to be the *nix linefeed?

Found a work around without any code changes by invoking eclipse with this:

	eclipse.exe -vmargs -Dline.separator=\n

This overrode the JVM's platform line delimiter. It works but don't no if
there any ill side affects. But does help for those windows users using
eclipse with samba and want *nix style linefeeds.

This caused a fairly serious problem. On restart, eclipse forgot all its
user-defined configurations. So, for instance I had to re-import all my
projects manually, and reset the default jvm.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this comment.

Ewan Chalmers

Back to the top