Re: [platform-doc-dev] Design rationale documentation ...

All core planning documents are found at:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-core-home/dev.html

Look under "documents/proposals".  There is an archive of some of the documentation from the 2.0 and 2.1 releases.  There are no existing design documents for Eclipse 1.0 or earlier that I know of.  There are also links in the "Component Planning" section to design documents for 3.0 development work.

And yes, the Eclipse core architecture is certainly evolving.  Check out the Equinox project on eclipse.org (also newsgroup and mailing list).  This project is defining a new core runtime architecture for Eclipse 3.0.
--

"Daniel Gross" <gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-doc-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/03/2003 08:24 PM