Re: [platform-doc-dev] docbook for eclipse documentation?

Hi Kevin,

I don't know if there is a _requirement_ to produce the documentation
in other formats, but it might be useful to have a PDF version of
the tutorials so that users could print those pages and work through
the steps without giving up screen space to the online help.

If the tutorials were written in XML, SGML, or even FrameMaker
(or a related product), it would be possible to provide both the HTML
and a PDF. On the other hand, I don't think that there is any
particular need for a printed version of all the other types of Eclipse
documentation.

Of course, if you were to start to create some of the documentation
in a XML or SGML, as Scott points out, you do limit the potential
authors
to people who are comfortable writing in those formats.

Mike