[platform-doc-dev] Contribution: draft traditional Unix man pages

I enclose a small contribution of draft traditional Unix manual pages
for Eclipse, edited from the information on the web page
http://dev.eclipse.org:8080/help/content/help:/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/running_eclipse.htm.
Since I installed both the GTK and Motif variants of Eclipse here, I
made commands eclipse-gtk(1) and eclipse-motif(1) and their manual
pages. (We also have the eclipse(1) from the ECLiPSe Constraint
Logic Programming system - http://www.icparc.ic.ac.uk/eclipse/ - from
IC-PARC.)

There are informal specifications of Linux-style and Sun Solaris-style
Unix manual pages on the man(7) manual page from those systems,
respectively. Unix manual pages are meant to act as adverts and quick
references for the command, library routine, device, special file or
file format they describe. Various Unix commands exist to catalogue
these entities by parsing the manual pages. These days, I much prefer to
generate manual pages from the larger user manual of a software package,
if there is such a generator available, of course. (I've come across
Texinfo and Docbook-based systems.)

I hope that you will correct and improve these drafts.

--

John A. Murdie
Experimental Officer (Software)