Re: [platform-dev] recommended way placing the workspace relative to the location of the launcher

The help has a bunch of options, but none that covers your use case as far as I can see - https://help.eclipse.org/2021-03/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/runtime-options.html?cp=2_1_5_0

That said, I did see this commit come through https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/equinox/rt.equinox.framework/+/179406 and it may add a new option from 2021-06 of @launcher.dir, but that seems so far only implemented to resolve (and allow relocation of) the install area, rather than the workspace.

Also, do you have a special use case? because AFAIK workspaces are not relocatable. Certainly JDT / CDT put absolute paths in the workspace metadata.

HTH,
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham