Re: [platform-dev] Parallel Builds

On 21 Jan 2021, at 12:45, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can you please elaborate about what you mean by "this" and by "forward"? ;)

Well, your description indicates that it is further along than I thought after trying to find documentation and going through the sources.

That said, practice in my world is that I do not see anybody using it. From my perspective it still looks highly experimental in the Java world, which for me is the 'this' and it looks like that 'this' could have some nudges to move it 'forward', like documentation, usable preferences, test suites, promotion?

We are seeing people look at Intellij because the parallel full build in Gradle is so much faster. However, as far as I can see Eclipse has a better model for incremental builds so I do not want to switch as well. (There already is a fully functioning Bndtools plugin for Intellij.)

One question. I do not understand the language server idea in relation to 'this'. In Bndtools we integrate the results of many different projects, using different languages and generators to create different distributions. How can the language server model help to parallelize this?

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens

Back to the top