[platform-dev] Get hold of the Resource of a GenericEditor Document

I'm currently investigate extending the GenericEditor but found that from time to time I need to get the resource that is currently edited.

As an example I'm currently in a IDocumentListener, IPresentationDamager/Repairer I have the document at hand and now need to get hold of the corresponding resource (if available).

Lars has already suggested one of his artifices and there it seems the "Active Editor" is queried for this purpose. Is this the recommended way? or is there any alternative?