Re: [platform-dev] Running multiple instances of eclipse in MacOS

On 07.12.20 22:15 , Alex Blewitt wrote:
> If you want to have a double clickable app then you can always install two Eclipse instances using the Oomph installer.

Exactly. Or by downloading EPPs and not copying them to Applications but
wherever you want. You can still then drag them into the launch bar.
Works perfectly for me. Only caveat: I'm still using OS X 10.14.6; don't
know if Catalina might be different.

I have actually a large number of Eclipse instances installed; some from
one-shot tests that I just forgot to remove, but also a number of
differently configured Eclipses in the launch bar that I use regularly
for different projects. Only thing that bugs me is that they all have
the same icon. Makes it sometimes hard to pick the right icon to click :-)

Cheers,

  Thomas

Back to the top