Would you like to take it?

Cheers,

Wim

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 3:33 PM Mat Booth <mat.booth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 at 14:08, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a recent issue where someone requests to move the error log view to a separate installable feature.
>
> The view is now shipped with PDE. I have looked at the dependencies of the view and it does not depend on PDE [1].
>
> I don't think a separate feature is a good idea but why not move this view to the base platform feature?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wim
>
> [1]
> * org.eclipse.core.runtime;bundle-version="[3.2.0,4.0.0)"
> * org.eclipse.core.filesystem;bundle-version="[1.1.0,2.0.0)";resolution:=optional
> * org.eclipse.ui;bundle-version="[3.3.0,4.0.0)"
> * org.eclipse.ui.ide;bundle-version="[3.3.0,4.0.0)";resolution:=optional

Assuming you are talking about this plugin:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/pde/eclipse.pde.ui.git/tree/ui/org.eclipse.ui.views.log

Then I agree, I would back moving this to the platform.

For my downstream builds, I have had issues in the past where users of plugins that require this view end up installing the whole of PDE, even when PDE is not desired or even necessary, presumably because the plugin is specified by the PDE feature: https://git.eclipse.org/c/pde/eclipse.pde.ui.git/tree/features/org.eclipse.pde-feature/feature.xml

Did you file a bug for this, Wim?