Re: [platform-dev] Splash screen for 2018-09

I don't think it is a big deal to keep the splash screen from photon for 2018-09.  But I do think we should consider what needs to be done to keep the splash screen fresh.  My initial suggestion would be to refresh it the first release each year (e.g 2019-03).

Tom

----- Original message -----
From: Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: "Eclipse platform general developers list." <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Discussions about the IDE <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Eclipse Packaging Project <epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [platform-dev] Splash screen for 2018-09
Date: Tue, Sep 4, 2018 4:17 AM

Hi all,

It seems like we're likely to keep the Photon splash screen for the 2018-09 release.
I personally don't think it's an issue (remember my previous messages about renaming Eclipse IDE to Eclipse Photon IDE forever?), but I think it's a topic worth discussion.
Is it really an issue to keep this splash? If it is, do we really have an opportunity to produce a better one before the release?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria