Re: [platform-dev] [platform-swt-dev] SWT-GTK3 bugs for 4.9

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 6:06 PM, Robert Zenz <robert.zenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The reason I'm asking is that there are still a lot of LTS systems out there
which have a GTK+2 desktop environment (f.e. Ubuntu 16.04 (LTS until 2021) with
MATE, I'm nearly sure XFCE is similar). So completely dropping GTK+2 support
will have an impact on these environments which are still supported.

How so? AFAIK all of currently supported LTS systems have GTK 3.x installed by default and most users will run on GTK 3 anyway as Eclipse itself already runs with GTK 3 by default.