[platform-dev] Multi-workspace Eclipse application

Hi all,

In the general idea of improving Eclipse Platform (use case here would be JDT-LS) for the cloud, I'm wondering whether some of you already considered, tried or evaluated making Eclipse Platform multi-tenant in term of workspace, basically having the same instance able to work simultaneously with different workspaces, 1 per user/task/whatever ?

Technically -for the public usage-, it would mostly be about avoiding references to ResourcePlugin.getWorkspace() in favor of resolving workspace according to the context (using for instance file.getProject().getWorkspace() instead of ResourcePlugin.getWorkspace()) and to introduce a new ResourcePlugin.getWorkpace(key) method.

But I imagine it's not so simple and there are more things to consider. Hence if someone already have some feedback on this work, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top