[platform-dev] Registering an additional customer IPainter with the text / generic editor

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can register an additional custom IPainter with
the text or the generic editor?

I see in org.eclipse.ui.genericeditor.examples from the text repo how
I can define my own if I own the content type but I would like to add
an additional one.

I also found https://github.com/sschaef/IndentGuide but they use
reflection to add there IPainter to the text editor.

Do we have API for this? If yes, where can I find an example for this?

Best regards, Lars

P.S. I asked Mickael via private email but he rightly suggested to ask
this via a public mailing list

--
Eclipse Platform project co-lead
CEO vogella GmbH