Re: [platform-dev] (Sub-) Project Merge

Just to clarify: we continue to work in components like e.g. JDT Core or JDT UI. Bugzilla components remain the same and will be used as before. Also the code repositories remain the same. However, tasks, like sign-off or planning will now be owned by the Platform, JDT and PDE co-leads but they will delegate to their committers, most likely to the former sub-project leads..

The PMC also decided that any former sub-project lead can step forward and become co-lead of the merged/parent project without going through a process. Just send a note to this or the PMC mailing list if you want to step up.

Your Eclipse PMC

----- Forwarded by Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM on 28.08.2017 09:46 -----

From:        Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM
Date:        26.08.2017 16:02
Subject:        (Sub-) Project Merge

Dear Eclipse committers

Due to fewer committers on each of our sub-projects, the PMC decided to merge Platform and JDT sub-projects into one Platform and one JDT project., similar to what we did with PDE Any committer on any Platform/JDT sub-project now has commit rights on all Platform/JDT sub-projects. Please use your new power with cause and respect. Should you face any permission problems, please respond to this note.

Welcome!
Dani

Back to the top