Re: [platform-dev] Is it good to use Java 8 parallel streams in RCP apps?

On 15 Jun 2015, at 16:53, Mickael Istria wrote:

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether you would recommend using Java 8 parallel streams in Eclipse plugins? Wouldn't it conflict with the Jobs API? If not, is it fine to replace a set of system jobs by a dataSet.parallelStream().forEach(closure) ?

The progress monitors are going to look funky ;)

Is there a remarkable performance gain of parallelStreams over Eclipse jobs?

I can't see why it should be. The key part is what your task actually do.

Have you tried using the new Job group api that was added to Mars that adds much more than just parallelism ?

/max

Thanks in advance.
--
Mickael Istria