Re: [platform-dev] NULL character in MatchingRegionTest confusing JDT, Postgres, cgit...

> When I open JDT editor, the line is truncated where the NULL character is located

Nice catch! It works fine for me on Windows 7, but apparently there's a bug on Linux. Filed https://bugs.eclipse.org/412659.

Dani

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        10.07.2013 11:51
Subject:        Re: [platform-dev] NULL character in MatchingRegionTest confusing JDT, Postgres, cgit...
Sent by:        platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 07/10/2013 11:44 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
>  It is caused because PostgreSQL, as many other applications such as JDT or CGit, doesn't like a text to contain the null charater (0) .

Why do you say JDT does not like it? The editor, compiler and also the tests work just fine. And I also don't see a problem re: Git.

JDT compiler is working perfectly and is fine with this NULL character inside a String (I guess it's part of the Java spec).
When I open JDT editor, the line is truncated where the NULL character is located, so the next characters on the line are not shown. Vim shows the full line and a ^@ for this NULL character, whch is a more visible behaviour.
About CGit, I guess the 0 character is the reason why this Source file is shown as a binary file instead of a text file as it is the case for all other java files.

Having said, that, we can probably change this. Please file a bug against JDT Core.
Thanks, I'll do that.

Cheers,

--
Mickael Istria