Re: [platform-dev] Should closed project behave like folders?

On 06/27/2013 05:37 PM, Brian de Alwis wrote:
So you could open the file outside of a project (File > Open File…).
It could work, but it's not the most natural IMO.
The use-case I have in mind is a big Maven repos with some Java projects, and I sometimes just want to tweak a pom or a message file in a project I already have (closed) in my workspace.

A slightly different approach would be to make the project natures toggleable.  So you mark this project as no longer being a Java project.  These overrides should be stored as a workspace preference rather than a project preference.
That's interesting. But if we have this, doesn't it make the concept of closed projects useless from a end-user perspective?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top